HomeMicrosoft


Approximate Release Date of Streets and Trips 2011
GAR
Here is what I found at Microsoft's website.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=trips&Filter=FilterNO

April 10 general release date???

Gary
coover
April 20? Ugh!
Marvin Hlavac
Welcome to the forum, Gary. Thanks for the link, but I wouldn't go by that. According to that document the 2010 version became available on Sept 27, but our review of it was published four weeks earlier, on Aug 31, and that was the exact day Microsoft made the product available as a download.

It may be possible that may indicate the day it may hit the store shelves, but it should be available as a free downloadable trial much sooner. At least that's what all the online rumors have indicated so far.
KMAC
The trial edition is now available for download from Microsoft.
scousemartin
it is already available for download from here

Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7bd139dd-57de-448e-96b1-fc612607a717
i coding the links , as im a new member and wasnt sure if direct linking is allowed
Ken in Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousemartin
it is already available for download from here

Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7bd139dd-57de-448e-96b1-fc612607a717
i coding the links , as im a new member and wasnt sure if direct linking is allowed
Yes. If you had read to the end of the thread before posting you would have seen that direct links are allowed and that the link was already posted.

...ken...
Marvin Hlavac
Hi KMAC and scousemartin, welcome both to the forums. More info about the earlier released Streets & Trips 2011 in our review.
scousemartin
Hi marvin

@ ken in regina, considering the end of the thread , when i posted my comment, was my post? Exactly, where was a link to the download and also a notification that direct links are allowed. Oh and i am referring to this thread not another one that might be accessed by clicking the tags on here, or using the search function. I placed a link here simply to allow people, like me , who found this forum via google.
Marvin Hlavac
scousemartin, you are right, and we have nothing specific in the forum rules that deals with links and such. I haven't considered it of any importance to edit the default forum rules that new users are asked to agree to during the sign up process. So we have here the default forum rules like >95% of forums that are based on the vBulletin script. I admit I don't even recall if I've read the rules myself.

At one point I attempted to post into a thread 4 or 5 simple rules, such as "please don't post links to illegal software", and "please don't talk about illegal software", but I think later I even deleted that post. It's mostly a common sense, etc.

But to keep it in topic, this thread, which started as a question about version 2011 ETA, could now be even closed, since S&T2011 is now here, at least in the form of free trial version downloadable from Microsoft. The retail version ETA has not yet been announced, but it likely will be announced within days.
scousemartin
Hi Marvin, i agree, i also agree that 90% of forums follow the same basic rules and usually direct links are allowed under certain conditions, which was the reason i stated i had coded the links and also there was no link in this thread to the trial. Although the poster before had said it was available from the microsoft site. I also never intended to go off topic, as i have already said i was simply giving a link to where the trial version could be downloaded. But thank you for the comments and i agree in that this thread should be closed.
Ken in Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousemartin
Hi marvin

@ ken in regina, considering the end of the thread , when i posted my comment, was my post? Exactly, where was a link to the download and also a notification that direct links are allowed. Oh and i am referring to this thread not another one that might be accessed by clicking the tags on here, or using the search function. I placed a link here simply to allow people, like me , who found this forum via google.
The post immediately above yours from KMAC, posted at 7:06 last night, contained the direct link.

The link is now gone and I have no idea why. But the link was there last night. That's where I first discovered the download was available. The link was still there when I posted my reply to you.

I have no idea where the link went but if it was there at 7:06pm last night and still there when I made my post, it was clearly there when you posted yours. That's why I made my suggestion.

Perhaps Marvin can help us figure out where the link from KMAC's message went.

@Marvin, I noticed last night and again when I posted my reply to scousemartin that KMAC's post was showing him with 0 (yes, zero) posts. Is it possible that this has anything to do with moderation? E.g. perhaps scousemartin was not able to see that post yet and so I might owe him a big apology?

...ken...
Marvin Hlavac
Ken, I didn't have much time to read forum posts in the previous two days, and a few posts were automatically sent to moderation queue and set there for up to two days. The above post by KMAC was one of them, and that's the reason you saw it, and that's the reason others without moderation privileges didn't see it.

I took the time this afternoon to catch up on reading new posts, approving moderated posts, answering PMs, etc.

Ken, the reason you saw post count 0 (zero) is that moderated posts don't trigger the post counting mechanism. And the reason the link was removed was that it was broken so I removed it.
coover
Hooray, I'm downloading the trial version right now...
scousemartin
it doesnt matter either way ken, it wasnt there when i posted my reply, otherwise i wouldnt have posted the link?
Ken in Regina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Hlavac
Ken, I didn't have much time to read forum posts in the previous two days, and a few posts were automatically sent to moderation queue and set there for up to two days. The above post by KMAC was one of them, and that's the reason you saw it, and that's the reason others without moderation privileges didn't see it.

I took the time this afternoon to catch up on reading new posts, approving moderated posts, answering PMs, etc.

Ken, the reason you saw post count 0 (zero) is that moderated posts don't trigger the post counting mechanism. And the reason the link was removed was that it was broken so I removed it.
@scousemartin, I owe you a giant apology. I am truly sorry.

I rarely use my moderator privileges so I forget that I have them and that they affect what I see that others may not.

...ken...
© laptopgpsworld.com About