HomeMicrosoft


"Construction information for your route is out of date" message won't go away
denali
I downloaded, installed, and activated Streets & Trips 2013 today.

I get the familiar "construction information for your route is out of date" message when I open the product. I have repeatedly clicked the message, watched it do the download (I guess), and received the confirmation message that the most up-to-date information has been downloaded.

The "construction information for your route is out of date" does not go away.

Ideas?
Larry
Thanks for the report denali. Investigation in progress.
Larry
OK. Try it now. Normally, the updated file is ready for download a day or two BEFORE it expires. Today it was published on the 10th (the day it expires). You must have caught it in the window between the expiration of the old one and before the new one was available.

Woo-hoo! 500 posts! It has taken me years but I made it.
Marvin Hlavac
Quote:
Woo-hoo! 500 posts! It has taken me years but I made it.
Congrats Larry! And it's not how high the post count is, but it is the quality of the content that really counts, and for that, Larry, thanks very much.
denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
OK. Try it now. Normally, the updated file is ready for download a day or two BEFORE it expires. Today it was published on the 10th (the day it expires). You must have caught it in the window between the expiration of the old one and before the new one was available.

Woo-hoo! 500 posts! It has taken me years but I made it.
You're right. Now it works.

Thanks.
Enguneer
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali
I downloaded, installed, and activated Streets & Trips 2013 today.

I get the familiar "construction information for your route is out of date" message when I open the product. I have repeatedly clicked the message, watched it do the download (I guess), and received the confirmation message that the most up-to-date information has been downloaded.

The "construction information for your route is out of date" does not go away.

Ideas?
Same problem, new day!
This was working for months, but not for the last few weeks, at least.
Added "Streets.exe" to allowed firewall, per another older post. That hasn't worked either.
Running Windows 8, windows firewall, and AVG Free antivirus.
What else?
Larry
OK. Microsoft is aware of this construction update issue. It needs to be fixed on the Microsoft end so there is nothing you can do at the moment to 'make it work'. Sorry for the lapse. Thanks for your patience.
Enguneer
Thanks Larry! I really thought it was on my end, and someone would lead me through some steps to fix it. Appreciate your prompt reply.
gr8lakescarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enguneer
Thanks Larry! I really thought it was on my end, and someone would lead me through some steps to fix it. Appreciate your prompt reply.
Hello all. I have been having this problem for several weeks also. (S&T 2013, Win 8) It worked fine for months, then recently, not so much... I'm glad MS is aware, and I look forward to problem resolution... soon?
rwpirie2
Do you suppose we'll get or they'll post any kind of notification when they get this problem fixed? It would certainly be the courteous thing to do.
road trip
Construction information for your route is out of date" message won't go away

This is happening since september 2013. Long time to get a fix...

Is it a software bug? Is that because Microsoft did not renew its contract with the company that is supplying the information?

Maybe, they do not support this product anymore because is to expensive and not profitable? (It can be cause by Google that has taken the market)

Why don't we have a preview of the future version S&T 2014 or 2015 (like we had every time on this site when a new version is coming)?

Is it the end of this product?

I like to work, play and discover with S&T for my next roadtrip or vacation. Many times a week, I open this software since the first 2005 version.

Is someone know a similar product that can replace this product that is not up to date? I need a product that can be update we the newest road and POI!
SpadesFlush
Is the going to be a future version S&T 2014 or 2015?
Larry
OK folks. Enjoy your construction update. The functionality has been restored!
t923347
Thanks for the update. It does now work again.
SteveJonesMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry
OK folks. Enjoy your construction update. The functionality has been restored!
Larry:

It works fine for 2013, but not for 2007, 2010 or 2011. Those are the only versions I have available to test with. The update does go through the motions of downloading, but the directions always say:
"Construction information for your route is out of date. Click this line to update."

Should it be working for the older versions as well?
laptopgpsworld.com About