HomeMicrosoft


Highlighting in Streets & Trips
Richard in South Carolina
2013 Streets & Trips - When using the highlighter to mark a route small boxes are left with mileage in them. Is there a way to remove or eliminate the mileage boxes?
SpadesFlush
Strictly speaking, there is no way of eliminating the distance box that the highlighter tool produces.

However, there is a work-around that will produce the results you desire: use instead the "Scribble" tool. You can color the line it produces yellow, if you like, to get a highlight effect but there will be no distance box.
Richard in South Carolina
Thanks. I needed that. Are you also on the Mercedes forum?
Richard in South Carolina
The Scribble tool would be perfect if the line was highlight instead of solid. Thanks anyway.
SpadesFlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in South Carolina
Thanks. I needed that. Are you also on the Mercedes forum?
Yes.
SpadesFlush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in South Carolina
The Scribble tool would be perfect if the line was highlight instead of solid. Thanks anyway.
It is just that the line is ordered so that it is brought to the "front" meaning that it has priority over everything else. You can re-order it so that it is behind everything. Right-click on the Squiggle, select Order, then click "send to back" or something else. You can also change the width or the color.
Richard in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadesFlush
Yes.
I am also on the Mercedes forum. Driving a 2012 SLK 350
Richard in South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadesFlush
It is just that the line is ordered so that it is brought to the "front" meaning that it has priority over everything else. You can re-order it so that it is behind everything. Right-click on the Squiggle, select Order, then click "send to back" or something else. You can also change the width or the color.
Perfect. Thanks a million. You are the man. I am mapping a route for an SLK club to drive a scenic road and the little mileage boxes were making the map messy. Thanks again.
SpadesFlush
You are quite welcome. That sounds like an excellent use of S&T as well as a great outing. Unfortunately, I do not have as SLK although it doesn't sound like a bad idea. I have driven other people's SLs and SLKs and I much prefer the SLK.


Similar Topics:
Site:   Home,   Search
General forums:   Software,   Hardware
Focused forums:   ALK,   DeLorme,   Garmin,   iGuidance,   MapFactor,   Microsoft,   Navmii,   Odyssey Navigator
laptopgpsworld.com About