HomeMicrosoft


Streets and Trips licensing initialization error 0xc004D301
GoneNomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken in Regina
...we haven't yet found another product, or combination of them, that has the overall usefulness of S&T.

...ken...
VERY TRUE!
...and a very nice summary too, for those who we passed the "TLDR" point two weeks ago!

...especially when you throw online connectivity, or lack thereof, into the mix. And even if you have that, there's a BIG difference between a high-powered desktop PC with a 100+megaBit internet connection, and the "connectivity" you might have in transit with a mobile device!

And after all, why *should* users HAVE to have internet access to see or access things that rarely change? From that standpoint, google's (et al) entire scheme is stupid... but we also know why they do it, and how they can afford to make it all available, "free."

...
GoneNomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdavis9
...In summary: So in mid-Nov 2016, Microsoft is still providing support to remotely fix the licensing issue. I wouldn't even bother with trying anything else if you have this issue. Just call them. Be persistent. You will eventually get to professional division support.
Do you think I would have to do this for a new install?

I'm thinking about buying S&T2013 *

Available on ebay any time at ridiculous prices; also from time to time on ebay @ $60-$70


* last version I bought was 2009 (I think)... wonder if that license key would work? (I think not)
brdavis9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNomad
Do you think I would have to do this for a new install?

I'm thinking about buying S&T2013 *

Available on ebay any time at ridiculous prices; also from time to time on ebay @ $60-$70


* last version I bought was 2009 (I think)... wonder if that license key would work? (I think not)
I would think it's only necessary if you get the licensing error. On the six systems we have S&T installed on (since around July 2013 AFAIR), only one has had the error. It's been a while since we did a fresh install (we did mirror the original HDD install to SSDs during system upgrades over the summer on all the systems, and had no problems then).

...I was mainly posting to report that Microsoft will still fix this (and that nothing else I tried - and I'm a sys admin with 30 years of support experience - worked), even though the product is officially "non-supported" (and orphaned). I was a bit impressed by it all, actually lol.
GoneNomad
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdavis9
...I was mainly posting to report that Microsoft will still fix this (and that nothing else I tried - and I'm a sys admin with 30 years of support experience - worked), even though the product is officially "non-supported" (and orphaned). I was a bit impressed by it all, actually lol.
Me too!

Others have posted on here their concern that the activation server might be shut down at some point, perhaps soon.

I was wondering if the phone version of activation would be available after that. Your experience confirms that it is, as of now.

It matters to me because I'm thinking about buying a copy of S&T2013 while some are still available. I probably waited too long, based on what a few people have paid on ebay!
Doc1
I started out with 2013 on windows 7 home never had a problem with it or vista or XP no problems with 2009 either .Have ha dboth on laptops and desktops
As soon as win 10 came out I installed it and continued to use 2013 with noproblem until a few days ago
It started freezing up
Yesterday it froze and I had to reboot when reboot was done I get a blue screen
rebooted again and after reboot everything comes up
I go back to S&T and get the error 0xC004D301
I tried doing a restore to no avail and then tried and install and repair
that did not work as it is on a CD and I did not have it handy
Is this something MS has done intentionally to stop everyone from useing S & T
I have to think so why else would it suddely give an error for no reason
My undrstanding is MS will not help fix period
Ken in Regina
Hi Doc1. Welcome to the forum. See if this is useful:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/error-0xc...ec-a044-479987351935

It has been reported as recently as November, 2016, that Microsoft will still help fix this for you.

...ken...
Doc1
Hello Ken,
Appreciate it very much.I had seen that butthen I thought I read that others have tried this since then and support would not help
I will give them a call Monday to see if they can help
My reason for the post was a warning to others that this is random and do not think it is really an error rather a bug that has been injected
Why would this suddenly happen to mewhen I have been using it for months with no problem. Then it freezes up and a reboot a blue screen a reboot and then the error
Is it a way to make an additional 35.00 a person for fixing it how much could that add up to when you think of all the people that have it and will have to call to fix
Dayami
I had the licensing issue for over a year now with MS S&T 2013. I was able to install it and get it running on a old Vista PC I have lying around. I called tech support over a year ago and did not get anywhere, then I saw this post again that someone said they got the fix in Nov 2016. I called Tech support several times and after many tries finally spoke to someone who knew what I was talking about. The file they produce for the fix apparently is good for like a month, and today is not available (7/19/17) he told me to call on Monday (7/24/17) and it should be ready.
He said to call 800 642-7676 and listen to the prompts - select home support then PC games and that is the department that knows about the fix. I have a case number for me to call back on Monday. Feeling hopeful now
Ken in Regina
Hi Dayami,

Thanks very much for the update, complete with details. Please let us know how it works out.

...ken...
Doc1
Hi Dayami
Appreciate the info
I have to ask if you are using the term home support for support and is pc games meant for like xbox or something similar
I did not get either choice when calling
I got support and never got a prompt for pc games
Well, Duh I just let the july 24 go over my head
I willl call Monday or one day next wek
brdavis9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayami
I had the licensing issue for over a year now with MS S&T 2013. I was able to install it and get it running on a old Vista PC I have lying around. I called tech support over a year ago and did not get anywhere, then I saw this post again that someone said they got the fix in Nov 2016. I called Tech support several times and after many tries finally spoke to someone who knew what I was talking about. The file they produce for the fix apparently is good for like a month, and today is not available (7/19/17) he told me to call on Monday (7/24/17) and it should be ready.
He said to call 800 642-7676 and listen to the prompts - select home support then PC games and that is the department that knows about the fix. I have a case number for me to call back on Monday. Feeling hopeful now
Dayami -

Did you get a link to that file on 24 July as expected?

I just called today (Friday 08-04) as we have another PC in need, and the support person explained that the server was "down right now" and that he didn't know for how long.

(I dunno if I was being brushed off. But I did get a case number and a new-to-me phone number of 866-834-8317 to call for status updates.)

SINCE you have the recent file though, is there any way that you could post it somewhere public?

It should be good through almost the end of August.

As an FYI, I have the lic-fix-tool file I downloaded from last November ...and sadly, it does not work. It says it's expired.



...I dunno why Microsoft just doesn't post a S/N that doesn't need activation. That would solve this whole mess.

We use S&T2013 in a commercial context.

And we still haven't found anything that does what S&T does (or that is as simple to train people on).
Mpsnow
I was getting the same error as everyone else when I installed Streets and Trips 2013 so and I contacted the Microsoft Tech 1-866-834-8317 on September 1, 2017. He connected with my computer and tried to download a MICROSOFT RESET TOOL.ZIP program to fix the issue. But each time he downloaded the file and then open it, the file was empty. He said to give them a couple of days to get the file re-installed in their system and they can fix the problem. Well, I've called each Monday for three weeks and I get the same answer; Sorry but the Reset Tool is not working right now, please call back in two days and we should be able to help you.
However, nothing... still waiting.
Doc1
Thanks for the up date
I have not even tried
Since they no longer sell it seems they do not care
Mpsnow
Sept 26, Just checked with Microsoft and they still haven't got the ResetTool ready. I asked if they have a projected date, and of course they said NO.
I'm not overly sure they are working on it at all.
It's easier to say "call back in a few days"
Doc1
appreciate the letting us know .It is appreciated
laptopgpsworld.com About